Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Hundreds Los Angeles, CA.

Friday morning the Blue Hawaii crew set out to meet up with Scotty Litle and Mike Franklin over at the new The Hundreds headquarters somewhere up in Los Angeles. I had been to their old headquarters a couple times which was pretty amazing. However this one was probably twice the size and had way more interesting things to see compared to the old place and the old place wasn't shabby at all. The Hundreds takes the approach of employing the people who help to make up the community that they are catering too which would be the skateboarders, artist, dj's, musicians and so and an so fourth. With this being said when you see their facility it becomes apparent that Ben and Bobby really take care of their employees and try to make the daily work experience a good one. They've got a mini ramp for starters so you can skate during your lunch break or after work so that's rad. The employees working the warehouse get around via skateboards and bicycles so they get their daily allowance of excercise while working. They've also got a bunch of cool art to look at from world renowned graffiti artist and artist in general. It's a pretty inspiring place to work I imagine. Following their history from back when they were do everything out of the original Rosewood shop to where they are today is amazing in itself. I'm interested to see what the future has in store for The Hundreds with the ever changing landscape of the street wear scene. With Bobby, Ben, and Scotty at the helm I'm confident that TH is in good hands and will be around for a long time to come!


Bill Hundreds by Madsteez

So sick! Wish I had my board and Kyle Yanagimoto with me! He would've destroyed this thing!

Would you look at the size and amount of screens they've got in here! 

Rad!

Possibilities are endless with the selection of inks they have here!
Look... it's just like the SXA Studio except it's 100 times bigger with more state of the art machines. No matter what it's good to see The Hundreds printing their own tees in house. That's cool!

It's amazing how many tees they pumped out just in the time we were here!

I need me one of these flash dryers. My work light just ain't cuttin' it!

I need me one of these dryers too but it's the size of my entire living space so I guess it's back to the work light for drying my SXA tees!

Good braddah right here! Scotty Ill has been with The Hundreds since he was 17 which is roughly around 10 years I think. I like that Scotty is still a skateboarder and doesn't give a f*ck about what a sales manager is supposed to look like. Scotty's just Scotty and that's rad. We need more Scotty's in the world! Mahalo for the tour Braddah Scotty and for the skate deck! Stoked!

I've actually got me one of these Don Pendleton prints from when "Baby D" Dave Miyataki was our rep. Miss you Braddah Dave!